LATE-SUMMER-FALL 2021 SALE
Independent Travel with
Flights + Lodgings + Transport
BOOK THIS TRAVEL BARGAIN
BY OCTOBER 12, 2021
— SUMMER & FALL —
• TRAVEL NOW thru 29OCT21
– ROME –
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
$AVE UP TO 19% – $447/person!
below 2021 our published prices to Italy.
– TUSCANY –
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
$AVE UP TO 19% – $447/person!
below 2021 published prices to Italy.
THIS FULL-PACKAGE TRIP INCLUDES:
• ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS from JFK to ITALY.
Flights from all USA & Canada airports available.
Please inquire about fares from your home airport.
• 7 NIGHTS APARTMENT LODGINGS.
ROME: In centrally-located historic district.
SIENA, TUSCANY: On a historic estate by the city walls.
• IN ROME: 2x 3-Day ROMA Transit PASSES
• IN TUSCANY: 1-Week of CAR RENTAL
Pick-up & drop-off at Rome (FCO) Airport.
Includes taxes, unlimited mileage, & liability insurance.
• ON-SITE GUIDEBOOK for ROME or TUSCANY
suggesting sites, activities, restaurants, museums, etc.
CONSIDER THESE POPULAR ADD-ONS:
CONTACT HOME AT FIRST FOR THE ADD-ON PRICES!
To see more while you are in Italy —
• ADD DAYS IN ROME: as few as 3-Days
+ a 3-Day ROMA Transit PASS
• ADD DAYS IN SIENA: as few as 5-Days
+ a 5-Day CAR RENTAL
THE FINER DETAILS:
• FLY TRANSATLANTIC OVERNIGHT to ROME, ITALY : Departures Fridays now through October 29, 2021 from New York City (JFK), USA. (Departures & Connecting Flights are available from other USA & Canada airports — please inquire.) Arrive the following morning at your destination airport in Rome (FCO).
• ROME VISITORS: Self-transfer (by airport train—good with your RomaPass, bus, or taxi) to your reserved vacation apartment in a delightful, historically rich section of downtown Rome. Meet your landlord/host at a pre-set time & place to take occupancy.
• SIENA, TUSCANY, VISITORS: Pick-up your pre-reserved rental car at Rome’s FCO airport for the 2.5-3 hour drive north to Siena, Tuscany, to your reserved vacation apartment on a secluded, historic estate just outside Siena’s Renaissance city walls. Meet your landlady/hostess at a pre-set time & place to take occupancy.
• RETURN FLIGHT 8 DAYS LATER: Daytime flight from Rome (FCO) back to New York (JFK), or to other USA/Canada airports after 7 full days & nights in Rome, or in Siena, Tuscany. Note that early flight departures from Rome’s FCO Airport may not be reachable from Siena, requiring overnighting in an airport hotel for your last night in Italy.
• 1-WEEK’S LODGING: 7 total Nights Lodging (Saturday to Saturday) in pre-reserved apartments in historic central Rome or on a beautiful estate within walking distance of Renaissance Siena.
• OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL LODGING: Although this special package is priced for 7 nights of lodging, you may add nights in the same apartment or change locations. HOME AT FIRST has lodgings in several other areas of Italy, including: Florence, Vienna, Cinque Terre, and Amalfi. Please inquire!
• TRIP PLANNING: HOME AT FIRST‘s Italy specialists will help you plan an individualized, independent Italy itinerary that meets your needs, tastes, interests, pace, and budget. Note that minimum occupancy numbers and some luxury upgrade supplements may apply to a few specific lodgings.
• GROUND TRANSPORT IN ROME: Rome guests are furnished two 3-day RomaPass transit cards for use on Rome’s subway (métro), buses, and airport train. Most Rome guests use a car transfer service from the airport to their apartment and back again. HOME AT FIRST can arrange for airport car transfers as an extra-cost option for your trip.
• GROUND TRANSPORT FOR TUSCANY: Guests in Tuscany have use of a RENTAL CAR for 7 days. Pick-up and drop-off at Rome’s FCO Airport. Rental Cars come with unlimited mileage, basic liability insurance, and most taxes included, but rental may be subject to some locally charged fees. Note that an International Driving Permit is required for driving in Italy. Licensed USA drivers can get an International Driving Permit by mail or in person at AAA in the USA.
• ACTIVITY GUIDE: Guests staying in Italy receive regionally-keyed guidebooks with dozens of pages of suggestions for exploring Rome on foot or by public transit, touring Tuscany by car, historic sites, museums & galleries, food & wine, restaurants, shopping, churches, cathedrals & the Vatican, villages & hill towns, regional towns & cities, and scenic inland and coastal byways.
• THIS OFFER EXPIRES MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 12, 2021: To take advantage of this special Travel Bargain offer, you must book and pay for your trip prior to the end of October 12, 2021. These special prices are great travel values, but are non-refundable. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover (at the least) potential losses due to your needing to cancel your trip or needing to interrupt your trip to return home early. HOME AT FIRST reserves the right to end this offer early for any reason.
• COVID-19: Italy was one of the first European countries to be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. At this writing (12SEP21) Italy has a Covid infection case rate of 8.4 per 100,000, about 1/5 the current USA rate of 44 per 100,000 (source: NY Times Covid Tracker World Map).
Italy is open to documented fully-vaccinated visitors flying from the USA or Canada. NEW: a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 72/48 hours of flying is now required. You will need to complete a “passenger locator form” showing their address while in Italy. While in Italy, we strongly urge travelers to follow the science and the recommended behaviors they may encounter locally. Bring masks for use on the airplane journey, in the airports, on public transportation, and indoors in public places (stores, restaurants, museums, etc.) as well as any crowded outdoor space, where Italy requires their use (including Lazio region where Rome is located).
• TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN: The best plan is to have the children vaccinated. Unvaccinated children who fail a Covid-19 test can ruin your travel plans quickly, as quarantine will be required.
• Travel Insurance policies may or may not cover Covid-19 related cancellations, interruptions, medical costs, and/or evacuations. We recommend contacting a travel insurance specialist to help you obtain the coverage you prefer.
• RETURNING HOME: US citizens currently need negative PCR or antigen Covid-19 test result taken within 72/48 hours of their flight departure in order to re-enter the United States. Testing is available at testing centers in Rome, Rome Airport, and Siena, Tuscany. Please note that a positive test may mean quarantining in Italy until testing negative again.
• IMPORTANT: To take advantage of this special offer Travel Bargain, you must be able to show documentation that you have been fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson).