SPRING 2022 SALE
Independent Travel with
Flights + Lodgings + Transfers
BOOK THIS TRAVEL BARGAIN
BY DECEMBER 13, 2021
— SPRING 2022 —
• TRAVEL 26MAR22 – 04JUN22
$AVE UP TO 24% – $612/person!
below 2021 Spring (Main Season) prices to Italy.
ROME or AMALFI
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
Special low rate 24% below our official,
published 2022 Main Season prices to Italy. NOTE: travel for Easter Week (15-23APR22) incurs a supplement of $275/prs.
THIS FULL-PACKAGE TRIP INCLUDES:
• ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS from JFK or EWR to ITALY.
Flights from all USA & Canada airports available.
Please inquire about fares from your home airport.
• 7 NIGHTS APARTMENT LODGINGS.
ROME: In centrally-located historic district within walking distance of key Roman sites & the Vatican.
AMALFI: In the center of this extraordinarily beautiful, historic town on the Mediterranean (Tyrrhenian) Sea coast south of Naples, and near the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
• INCLUDED TRANSFERS:
For Rome: Taxi for Arrival & Return trips at Rome (FCO) Airport.
For Amalfi: Round-trip rail tickets from Rome (FCO) Airport to Salerno. (Visitors must purchase bus tickets or taxi for the final 15mi coast road from Salerno station to Amalfi).
• ON-SITE GUIDEBOOK for ROME or AMALFI
suggesting sites, activities, restaurants, museums, etc.
CONSIDER THIS POPULAR ADD-ON:
CONTACT HOME AT FIRST FOR THE ADD-ON PRICES!
To see more while you are in Italy —
• ADD DAYS IN ROME: as few as 3-Days
THE FINER DETAILS:
• FLY TRANSATLANTIC OVERNIGHT to ROME, ITALY : Departures Fridays between March 26 and June 4, 2022, from New York City (JFK or EWR), USA. (Departures & Connecting Flights are available from other USA & Canada airports — please inquire.) Arrive the following morning at your destination airport in Rome (FCO).
• ROME VISITORS: Self-transfer by pre-paid taxi to your reserved vacation apartment in a delightful, historically rich section of downtown Rome. Meet your landlord/host at a pre-set time & place to take occupancy.
• AMALFI VISITORS: Take the fast airport train from Rome’s FCO airport to Rome’s Termini station, then change for the high-speed 2.5 hour rail journey south to Salerno, in Italy’s Campania Region. Then catch the regional bus or hire a taxi for the final 15-mile journey along the famed coastal road of the Amalfi Peninsula to the town of Amalfi. Meet your lodging’s host or hostess at a pre-set time & place to take occupancy of your apartment.
• RETURN FLIGHT 8 DAYS LATER: Daytime flight from Rome (FCO) back to New York (JFK or EWR), or to other USA/Canada airports after 7 full days & nights in Rome or in Amalfi. Note that early flight departures from Rome’s FCO Airport may not be reachable from Amalfi, requiring overnighting in an airport hotel for your last night in Italy.
• 1-WEEK’S LODGING: 7 total Nights Lodging (Saturday to Saturday) in pre-reserved apartments in historic central Rome or a centrally-located apartment in the stunning, historic Mediterranean port town of Amalfi.
• OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL LODGING: Although this special package is priced for 7 nights of lodging, you may add nights in the same apartment or change locations. HOME AT FIRST has lodgings in several other areas of Italy, including: Florence, Vienna, Cinque Terre, and Siena (Tuscany). Please inquire!
• TRIP PLANNING: HOME AT FIRST‘s Italy specialists will help you plan an individualized, independent Italy itinerary that meets your needs, tastes, interests, pace, and budget. Note that minimum occupancy numbers and some luxury upgrade supplements may apply to a few specific lodgings.
• GETTING AROUND ROME: Home At First’s Rome apartments are centrally located in the historic old city, where there is little traffic and the best-known visitors’ sites are within 5-30 minutes walk. For longer distances, bad weather days, or for guests with mobility issues, taxi stands with reliable, metered cabs are conveniently located throughout the area.
• GROUND TRANSPORT FOR AMALFI: Guests in Amalfi are best-served by using public buses that frequently (& slowly) travel the Amalfi peninsula west from Salerno station to famed coastal towns including Amalfi, Positano, and Sorrento, where passenger boats depart for the short journey to the Isle of Capri. Bus & boat tickets are only available locally.
• ACTIVITY GUIDE: Guests staying in Italy receive regionally-keyed guidebooks with dozens of pages of suggestions for exploring Rome or Amalfi on foot or by public transit, visiting historic sites, museums & galleries, food & wine, restaurants, shopping, churches, cathedrals & the Vatican, villages & hill towns, regional towns & cities, and scenic inland and coastal byways.
• THIS OFFER EXPIRES MIDNIGHT DECEMBER 13, 2021: To take advantage of this special Travel Bargain offer, you must book and pay for your trip prior to the end of December 13, 2021. These special prices are great travel values, but are non-refundable. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover (at the least) potential losses due to your needing to cancel your trip or needing to interrupt your trip to return home early. HOME AT FIRST reserves the right to end this offer early for any reason.
• COVID-19: At this writing (11NOV21) Italy has a Covid infection case rate of 10 per 100,000, less than half the current USA rate of 23 per 100,000 (source: NY Times Covid Tracker World Map).
Italy is open to documented fully-vaccinated visitors flying from the USA or Canada. A negative PCR or antigen test taken 72/48 hours before flying is now required. You will need to complete a “passenger self-declaration form” and a passenger locater form certifying your eligibility for entry to Italy and listing your contact information while in Italy. While in Italy, travelers should follow the science and the recommended behaviors they may encounter locally. Bring masks for use on the airplane journey, in the airports, on public transportation, and indoors in public places (stores, restaurants, museums, etc.) as well as any crowded outdoor space, where Italy requires their use.
• TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN: In order to enter Italy, children must have certificates of vaccination.
• Travel Insurance policies may or may not cover Covid-19 related cancellations, interruptions, medical costs, and/or evacuations. We recommend contacting a travel insurance specialist to help you obtain the coverage you prefer.
• RETURNING HOME: US citizens currently need negative PCR or antigen Covid-19 test result taken within 72/48 hours of their flight departure in order to re-enter the United States. Testing is available at testing centers in Rome, and at Rome’s FCO Airport. Please note that a positive test may mean quarantining in Italy until testing negative again.
• IMPORTANT: To take advantage of this special offer Travel Bargain, you must be able to show official certification that you have been fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson).