4 DESTINATIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:
• KANDERSTEG: Alpine Touring Center
• MÜRREN: High Alpine; Amazing Views
• LOCARNO: Italian-Swiss Lakeside
• ZERMATT & The MATTERHORN
CURRENT TRAVEL BARGAINS!
Independent Travel with Flights, Lodgings, RailPass
BOOK THIS TRAVEL BARGAIN
BY FEBRUARY 13, 2023
SUMMER & FALL 2023
• TRAVEL 25AUG23 – 28OCT23
$AVE 15.75% – $452/person!
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
1-Week, Full-Package to Switzerland!
Special low rate 15.75% below our official, published 2023 Main Season prices to Italy. NOTE: supplements apply for 2-person occupancy in larger apartments.
THIS FULL-PACKAGE TRIP INCLUDES:
• ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS from New York (JFK), or Newark (EWR) to/from Geneva (GVA) Switzerland or Milan (MXP) Italy.
Flights from all USA & Canada airports available.
Please inquire about fares from your home airport.
• 7 NIGHTS COTTAGE or APARTMENT LODGINGS in the Swiss destination of your choice:
• Alpine Kandersteg (touring center)
• Alpine Mürren (car-free village)
• Locarno: unexpected Italian Switzerland
• Zermatt at the base of the Matterhorn
• GROUND TRANSPORTATION:
One-week transpass for the unmatched network of Swiss railways/lakeboats/cableways/post-buses/city transit.
• ON-SITE ACTIVITY GUIDEBOOK
Keyed for your chosen Swiss region. Guides include suggested activities, walking/hiking, cycling, touring itineraries, scenic sightseeing, shopping, restaurants, museums, galleries, castles, historic sites, & palaces. Cheesemaking & chocolate shops: of course!
CONSIDER A SECOND WEEK!
For a more leisurely trip & more time to enjoy your time in Switzerland in the same region or a second region of interest.
ADD 7 NIGHTS LODGING & GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM:
PRICE PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY FOR ADDING 1 WEEK OF LODGING & TRANSPASS. PRICE CAN VARY BY LODGING SELECTED & SEASONALITY. A HIGHER RATE APPLIES IF CHANGING LODGINGS OR REGIONS.
THE FINER DETAILS:
• FLY TRANSATLANTIC OVERNIGHT to GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, OR MILAN, ITALY: Departures Fridays between August 25 and October 20, 2023 from New York City (JFK), or Newark (EWR) USA. (Departures & Connecting Flights are available from other USA & Canada airports — please inquire.) Arrive the following morning at your destination airport: Geneva (GVA), Switzerland, or Milan (MXP), Italy.
• IF STAYING IN KANDERSTEG, MÜRREN, OR ZERMATT, HERE’S HOW YOU SELF-TRANSFER TO YOUR VACATION APARTMENT: Fly Friday night to Geneva Airport, arriving Saturday morning. Following our pre-printed directions to travel to your lodging destination, catch the high-speed airport train that connects to local trains to your destination villages. Transfer time: approximately 3-4 hours. Meet your English-speaking apartment host, check-in and take occupancy that afternoon.
• IF STAYING IN LOCARNO IN ITALIAN SWITZERLAND, HERE’S HOW YOU SELF-TRANSFER TO YOUR VACATION APARTMENT: Fly Friday night to Milan’s Malpensa Airport, arriving Saturday morning. Following our pre-printed directions to travel to your lodging destination, catch the high-speed airport train that connects in Lugano, Switzerland, to the regional express train for Locarno. Transfer time: approximately 2-2.5 hours. Meet your English-speaking apartment host, check-in and take occupancy that afternoon.
• DAY 8: RETURN FLIGHT TO NORTH AMERICA: Return by train back to Geneva Airport or Milan Malpensa Airport. Catch your daytime flight back to New York (JFK), or Newark (EWR), or to other USA/Canada airports after 7 full days/nights in Switzerland.
• 1-WEEK’S LODGING: 7 total Nights Lodging (Saturday to Saturday) in your vacation apartment in Switzerland. Lodgings are centrally-located: near shops, restaurants, cafés, & transit.
• GROUND TRANSPORTATION: All Swiss guests receive a 1-week TransPass for use on Switzerland’s trains, postal buses, city transit lines, many lake boats, and many cableways. Guests traveling to Locarno from Milan’s Malpensa Airport also receive a round-trip ticket from the airport to Locarno, and a Italian-Switzerland TransPass valid for a week’s regional public transportation. Guests to Kandersteg, Mürren, or Zermatt receive an 8-Day Swiss TransPass for their use on Switzerland’s comprehensive public transportation network.
• ACTIVITY GUIDE: Guests receive regional guidebooks keyed for their specific lodging regions. Guides include well over 100 pages of suggestions for exploring your destination, sightseeing, visiting historic sites, museums & galleries, shopping, restaurants & cafés, churches & cathedrals, palaces & castles, food, drink, cheese, chocolate, hiking, biking, touring, and scenic excursions.
• THIS OFFER EXPIRES MIDNIGHT FEBRUARY 13, 2023. To take advantage of this special Travel Bargain offer, you must book and pay for your trip prior to the end of February 13, 2023. These special prices are great travel values, but are non-refundable. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover (at the least) potential losses due to your needing to cancel your trip or needing to interrupt your trip to return home early. HOME AT FIRST reserves the right to end this offer early for any reason.
• COVID-19: Although flight arrivals into Switzerland (or Italy) by American and Canadian visitors currently requires NO pre-departure and post-arrival Covid tests, and no passenger locator forms, we strongly recommend that visitors be fully vaccinated and boostered shot not later than 270 days prior to departure for Europe.
Those flying to Milan, Italy, should check the latest official entry requirements HERE.
Those flying to Geneva, Switzerland should check the latest official entry requirements HERE.
Although mask-wearing is mostly voluntary in Europe, visitors should consider bringing masks for use on the airplane journey, in the airports, and for any locations that may require their use.
• TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN: Children under 18 need not be vaccinated. No tests, documentation, or quarantines required.
• Travel Insurance policies may or may not cover Covid-19 related cancellations, interruptions, medical costs, and/or evacuations. Contact a travel insurance specialist to help you obtain the coverage you prefer. We believe being fully-vaccinated the best kind of travel insurance.
• RETURNING HOME: USA citizens no longer need to take a Covid test before returning home. Nevertheless, because COVID variants are still in circulation, being fully-vaccinated is the best kind of travel insurance for your trip.