SALE FOR LATE-SUMMER
or EARLY-AUTUMN 2022
CURRENT TRAVEL BARGAINS!
Independent Travel with
Flights, Lodgings, & Transfers
BOOK THIS TRAVEL BARGAIN
BY MAY 31, 2022
• TRAVEL 26AUG22 – 05NOV22
$AVE UP TO 25% – $631/person!
below 2022 Main Season prices to Italy.
ROME or AMALFI or CINQUE TERRE
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
Special low rate 25% below our official, published 2022 Main Season prices to Italy.
THIS FULL-PACKAGE TRIP INCLUDES:
• ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS from JFK or EWR to ITALY.
Flights from all USA & Canada airports available.
Please inquire about fares from your home airport.
• 7 NIGHTS APARTMENT LODGINGS.
AMALFI: In the center of this extraordinarily beautiful, historic town on the Mediterranean (Tyrrhenian) Sea coast south of Naples, and near the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
CINQUE TERRE: In the center of one of the five remarkable, cliff-hugging villages on the Mediterranean (Ligurian) Sea coast northwest of Pisa and southeast of Genoa.
• INCLUDED TRANSFERS:
For Rome: Taxi for Arrival & Return trips at Rome (FCO) Airport.
For Amalfi: Round-trip rail tickets from Rome (FCO) Airport to Salerno. (Visitors must purchase bus tickets or taxi for the final 15mi coast road from Salerno station to Amalfi).
For Cinque Terre: Round-trip rail tickets from Florence (FLR) Airport to your Cinque Terra Village. (If needed, visitors must purchase taxi for the final 5min approach to their lodging).
• ON-SITE GUIDEBOOK for ROME or AMALFI or CINQUE TERRE
suggesting sites, activities, restaurants, museums, etc.
CONSIDER THIS POPULAR ADD-ON:
CONTACT HOME AT FIRST FOR THE ADD-ON PRICES!
To see more while you are in Italy —
ADD as few as 3 DAYS IN ROME or FLORENCE.
THE FINER DETAILS:
• FLY TRANSATLANTIC OVERNIGHT to ROME or FLORENCE, ITALY: Departures Fridays between August 26 and October 28, 2022, from New York City (JFK or EWR), USA. (Departures & Connecting Flights are available from other USA & Canada airports — please inquire.) Arrive the following morning at your destination airport in Rome (FCO) or Florence (FLR).
• ROME VISITORS: Self-transfer by pre-paid taxi to your reserved vacation apartment in a delightful, historically rich section of downtown Rome. Meet your landlord/host at a pre-set time/place for occupancy.
• AMALFI VISITORS: Take the fast airport train from Rome’s FCO airport to Rome’s Termini station, then change for the high-speed 2.5 hour rail journey south to Salerno, in Italy’s Campania Region. Then catch the regional bus or hire a taxi for the final 15-mile journey along the famed coastal road of the Amalfi Peninsula to the town of Amalfi. Meet your lodging’s host or hostess at a pre-set time & place for occupancy.
• CINQUE TERRE VISITORS: Take the airport train or bus from Florence FLR airport to Florence train station, then change for the 1¾ hour rail journey northwest to La Spezia, gateway town for Italy’s Cinque Terre Region. Take the local train for the final short journey along the famed Cinque Terre coastal railway to the your lodging town — one of the 5 Cinque Terre villages (most commonly, Riomaggiore). Meet your lodging’s host or hostess at a pre-set time/place for occupancy.
• RETURN FLIGHT 8 DAYS LATER: Daytime flight from Rome (FCO) or Florence (FLR) back to New York (JFK or EWR), or to other USA/Canada airports after 7 full days & nights in Rome, or in Amalfi, or in Cinque Terre. Note that early flight departures from Rome’s FCO Airport may not be reachable from Amalfi, or Florence’s FLR Airport from Cinque Terre, requiring overnighting in an airport hotel for your last night in Italy.
• 1-WEEK’S LODGING: 7 total Nights Lodging (Saturday to Saturday) in pre-reserved apartments in historic central Rome, or a centrally-located apartment in the stunning, historic Mediterranean port town of Amalfi, or an apartment in a magical Cinque Terre fishing village.
• OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL LODGING: Although this special package is priced for 7 nights of lodging, you may add nights in the same apartment or change locations. HOME AT FIRST has lodgings in several areas of Italy, including: Amalfi, Florence, Venice, Cinque Terre, Rome, and Siena (Tuscany). Please inquire!
• TRIP PLANNING: HOME AT FIRST‘s Italy specialists will help you plan an individualized, independent Italy itinerary that meets your needs, tastes, interests, pace, and budget. Note that minimum occupancy and/or luxury supplements may apply to a few specific lodgings.
• GETTING AROUND ROME: Home At First’s Rome apartments are centrally located in the historic old city, where there is little traffic and the best-known visitors’ sites are within 5-30 minutes walk. For longer distances, bad weather days, or for guests with mobility issues, taxi stands with reliable, metered cabs are conveniently located.
• GROUND TRANSPORT FOR AMALFI: Guests in Amalfi are best-served by using public buses that frequently (& slowly) travel the Amalfi peninsula west from Salerno station to famed coastal towns including Amalfi, Positano, and Sorrento, where passenger boats depart for the short journey to the Isle of Capri. Bus & boat tickets are available locally.
• GROUND TRANSPORT FOR CINQUE TERRE: Guests in Cinque Terre are best-served by using the regional trains and buses that frequently travel back and forth along the Cinque Terre coast. Bus & boat tickets (and weekly passes) are only available locally. Railway day-trips to further destinations like Pisa and Lucca are possible.
• ACTIVITY GUIDE: Guests staying in Italy receive regionally-keyed guidebooks with dozens of pages of suggestions for exploring Rome, Amalfi or Cinque Terre on foot or by public transit, visiting historic sites, museums & galleries, food & wine, restaurants, shopping, churches, cathedrals & the Vatican, villages & hill towns, regional towns & cities, and scenic inland & coastal byways.
• THIS OFFER EXPIRES MIDNIGHT MAY 31, 2022: To take advantage of this special Travel Bargain offer, you must book and pay for your trip prior to the end of May 31, 2022. These special prices are great travel values, but are non-refundable. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover (at the least) potential losses due to your needing to cancel or needing to interrupt your trip to return home early. HOME AT FIRST reserves the right to end this offer early for any reason.
• COVID-19: At this writing (17MAY22) Italy is open to documented fully-vaccinated visitors flying from the USA or Canada. Fully-vaccinated travelers are defined in Italy as those having received their most-recent Covid booster shot within 2-weeks to 6 months prior to departure for Italy.
While in Italy, travelers should follow the science and the recommended behaviors they may encounter locally. Bring masks for use on the airplane journey, in the airports, on public transport, and indoors wherever Italy requires.
• TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN: In order to enter Italy, children older than 6 must have vaccination proof.
• Travel Insurance policies may or may not cover Covid-19 related cancellations, interruptions, medical costs, and/or evacuations. We recommend contacting a travel insurance specialist to help you obtain the coverage you prefer.
• RETURNING HOME: US citizens currently need negative PCR or antigen Covid-19 test result taken within 24 hours of their flight departure in order to re-enter the United States. Testing is available at testing centers in Rome, and at Rome’s FCO Airport, and at Florence FLR Airport. Please note that a positive test may mean quarantining in Italy until testing negative again.
• IMPORTANT: To take advantage of this special offer Travel Bargain, you must be able to show official certification that you have been fully vaccinated or boostered within 6 months of travel to Italy (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, J & J).