SPRING 2023 SPECIAL SALE
7-Day Full-Package Self-Driving Iceland Itinerary with Flights, Transfers, Lodgings, Rental Car.
BOOK THIS TRAVEL BARGAIN
BY OCTOBER 11, 2022
— SPRING 2023 —
• TRAVEL MARCH 28 – MAY 24, 2023
$AVE UP TO 21.4% – $579/person!
PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
Special low rate 21.4% below our official,
published 2022 Spring/Fall prices to Iceland.
THIS FULL-PACKAGE TRIP INCLUDED:
• ROUND-TRIP FLIGHTS from JFK or EWR to ICELAND.
Flights from all USA & Canada airports available.
Please inquire about fares from your home airport.
• 8-DAY PRE-SET INDEPENDENT
Days 1&2 (& 3?): Downtown Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital & largest city. Discover Icelandic culture walking to local restaurants, museums, and shops. Or tour the nearby historic Golden Circle. 2-3 nites lodging at a participating Home At First Reykjavik inn in the city center.
Next 2 Days: Pick-up your rental car to begin the driving part of your Icelandic itinerary. Drive portions of Iceland’s scenic Ring Road, overnighting at Home At First inns en route. Your choice of driving routes includes:
North & northeast clockwise from Reykjavik along the coast and across mountains to Akureyri, Iceland’s second city just south of the Arctic Circle, and a center for whale-watching. You will want at least 2 nites lodging in Akureyri. Return by car or take an optional flights back to Reykjavik.
Next 2 Days: Retuning from Akureyri toward Reykjavik, you can opt to drive the Ring Road along the extraordinarily scenic coastal route southwest to the very scenic south coastal village of Vik, very near several major volcanic regions. Two nites lodging at Vik.
Final Stops: Finish your round-trip of Iceland by following the Ring Road west along the volcanic south coast toward Reykjavik, then southwest to Keflavik Airport, perhaps stopping to view Iceland’s newborn active volcano in the Reykjanes Peninsula and spa-ing at the peninsula’s world-famed Blue Lagoon. If time permits, spend one more night in downtown Reykjavik or at Keflavik Airport before flying back to North America.
Day 8: Finish your exploration of Iceland by returning to Keflavik Airport for check-in for your 4-6-hour flight back to North America.
• 7 NIGHTS LODGING & BREAKFAST.
At inns located conveniently around Iceland.
• 5 DAYS USE of CAR RENTAL
Pick-up & & drop-off at Reykjavik Airport or Keflavik International Airport.
Includes taxes, unlimited mileage,
& liability insurance.
• GUIDEBOOK for TOURING ICELAND
Sightseeing, Activities, Restaurants, Scenic By-Ways.
THE FINER DETAILS:
• FLY TRANSATLANTIC OVERNIGHT to REYKJAVIK, ICELAND : Departures Tuesday between March 28 and May 16, 2023, from Newark (EWR) or New York City (JFK), USA. (Departures & Connecting Flights are available from other USA & Canada airports, including several new airports offering non-stop service to Reykjavik, Iceland — please inquire.) Arrive the following morning at your destination airport in Reykjavik/Keflavik (KEF). Airport bus transfer (included) to your first Icelandic inn in downtown Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital city. Your 7 nights of lodging starts in Reykjavik and continues at pre-arranged locations throughout Iceland based on the driving itinerary you select.
• RETURN FLIGHT 8 DAYS LATER: Daytime flight from Reykjavik/Keflavik (KEF) back to Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), or to other USA/Canada airports after 7 full days & nights in Iceland.
• LODGING: 7 total Nights Lodging in pre-reserved hotels &/or inns at your choice of pre-arranged locations around Iceland. HOME AT FIRST‘s Iceland specialists will help you plan an individualized, independent Icelandic fly/drive itinerary that meets your needs, tastes, interests, pace, and budget. Note that minimum occupancy numbers and some luxury upgrade supplements may apply to a few specific lodgings.
• GROUND TRANSPORT: Guests in Iceland have use of a RENTAL CAR for 5 days. Please note that your driving itinerary may include driving days of up to 7 hours.
Road conditions are generally good: mostly asphalt paved 2-lane roads, with some stretches of motorway around Reykjavik and Keflavik Airport. Guests departing the Route 1 Ring Road for side-trip excursions may encounter some unpaved roads.
Also note that potentially poor weather in Iceland can impact road conditions and drive times.
Pick-up your rental car at Reykjavik’s in-town domestic airport. Drop-off can occur at the same airport or at Akureyri, or Keflavik International Airports. Rental Cars come with unlimited mileage, basic liability insurance, and most taxes included, but rental may be subject to some local fees.
Note that you will find pre-paid gas cards the best way for obtaining fuel as you circumnavigate sparsely-populated Iceland. We recommend purchasing gas cards in Reykjavik prior to beginning driving.
• ACTIVITY GUIDE: Guests staying in Iceland receive an Iceland guidebook with dozens of pages of suggestions for touring by car, walking/hiking, whale watching, national parks, geothermal & volcanic sites, restaurants, shopping, churches & cathedrals, villages, towns, cities, & scenic inland and coastal byways.
• THIS OFFER EXPIRES MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 11, 2022: To take advantage of this special Travel Bargain offer, you must book and pay for your trip prior to the end of October 11, 2022. These special prices are great travel values, but are non-refundable. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to cover (at the least) potential losses due to your needing to cancel your trip or needing to interrupt your trip to return home early. HOME AT FIRST reserves the right to end this offer early for any reason.
• COVID-19: Iceland has removed all Covid testing, registering, and quarantining restrictions and is open to all visitors.
Because no one wants to have even a mild disease interrupt their travels, we recommend that travelers be fully Covid vaccinated (and boostered) at least 2 weeks prior to and not later than 270 days prior to departure for Iceland.
We strongly urge travelers to follow the science and the recommended behaviors they may encounter locally in Iceland. Although masks may no longer be required (including on Icelandair flights to/from the USA), we recommend you bring masks for use on the airplane journey, in the airports, and at medical facilities or other Icelandic locations that may require their use.
Travel Insurance policies may or may not cover Covid-19 related cancellations, interruptions, medical costs, and/or evacuations. We recommend contacting a travel insurance specialist to help you obtain the coverage you prefer.
• TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN: The best plan is to have the children vaccinated, if permitted.
• RETURNING HOME: USA citizens no longer need to take a Covid test before returning home. Nevertheless, because COVID variants are still in circulation, being fully-vaccinated the best kind of travel insurance for your trip.