UNIQUE LODGINGS for your custom-made European travel package
At HOME AT FIRST, we specialize in apartments, cottages, villas, and other self-contained accommodations that provide space, comfort, cleanliness, and a unique hominess rarely found in hotels. At minimum, our unique lodgings have:
• English-speaking hosts who welcome you and remain accessible during your stay.
• Safe settings near shops, services, restaurants.
• Central locations convenient for exploring the destination.
• Private, secure entrances.
• Private bathroom(s) with toilet, sink, and shower, tub, or tub/shower.
• A well-equipped kitchen.
• Bedroom(s) with comfortable bed(s).
• Living & dining space. Television — yes; WiFi — often; telephone — sometimes.
• Convenient parking for those traveling by car.
• Close proximity to public transportation for those traveling by rail/bus/boat.
• Laundry facilities: either in the lodging, nearby at a laundromat, or via the landlord.
• Non-smoking, no-pets lodgings are standard. Exceptions by special request.
Some trips may require hotel lodgings en route to or from your destination (e.g. near the airport). Some custom-made European travel with short stays (usually less than one week in any location) may only be possible using short-stay lodgings (hotels, bed & breakfasts, guesthouses, etc.). And, while we admit that we are not hotel specialists, we will find appropriate hotels for your budget, location, and date requirements.
& TICKETS for your custom-made European travel package
Home At First will research, propose, reserve, and ticket the best flight arrangements for your needs on your next European trip.
HOME AT FIRST does all the flight research for your trip — international & domestic — makes your flight reservations, and issues the airline tickets you require for your custom-made European travel.
Our expert in-house airline booking team has dozens of years of experience planning international and domestic travel. We are not exclusively aligned with any airline or airline consortium, and we will get the best flight arrangements for your trip at the best available fares using the best available airlines.
We work with you during the research, reservations, & ticketing process to be sure you are satisfied with our recommendations before tickets are issued.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION for your custom-made European travel package
HOME AT FIRST studies your trip goals, makes recommendations, and will arrange the best ground transport for your custom-made European travel.
CAR RENTALS: In rural destinations a rental car can be an efficient and relatively safe way to get around. In European cities parking congestion, traffic congestion, and narrow, one-way streets can make driving maddening, inefficient, and risky.
Rail service can be excellent at smaller destinations across Europe as well as cities.
RAIL TICKETS & TRANSPORTATION PASSES:
Europe is rightly known for quality public transportation. Many cities offer comprehensive transportation passes. Many city passes include free entry to principal attractions. Intercity rail provides excellent long-distance express trains frequently across Europe. National and regional rail networks are good to excellent throughout western Europe. Regional, national, and continental rail passes are available. Service can be so reliable, fast, and pervasive that rail passes are recommended even for many rural European destinations.