WHAT COMES WITH HOME AT FIRST’S DISCOVER ITALY TRAVEL PROGRAM
HOME AT FIRST BUILDS INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL PACKAGES TO ITALY THAT INCLUDE:
• Quality Lodgings: Fixed Package Price lodgings are available in Siena, Rural Tuscany, and Rome. Custom-priced Special Request lodgings are available in Amalfi, Cinque Terre, Florence, Sicily, and Venice. All apartments come with English-speaking hosts on-site.
• Round-trip Flights: Our airline experts plan your round-trip flights to Italy (usually to Rome, but to Milan, Florence or Venice if one of these is a better choice for your needs) from your home airport. Our price chart includes round-trip fares based on flights from New York (JFK) or Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO). Flights from/to all other airports available for applicable fare supplements or reductions.
• Ground Transport: We recommend and arrange the appropriate ground transportation for your trip. Options include: car rental, city transport passes or airport transfers (Rome), and railway tickets/passes.
• Guidebook Keyed for Your Destination to help you discover Italy and make the most of your visit. Includes suggestions for touring, walking, restaurants, shopping, museums, galleries, much more.
SIENA estate APARTMENTS
Home At First’s classically-furnished Siena apartments are sequestered on a gated Tuscan estate just outside Renaissance Siena’s medieval city walls. The estate has a pool and furnished gardens with extensive views of Siena and the surrounding Tuscany countryside. The high Renaissance center of Siena is within walking distance of (or a short car ride from) the estate. The apartments are within 15-20 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from shops, stores, restaurants, and services. Siena is ideally situated as a day-trip base within convenient reach of Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Perugia, Assisi, & several world famous wine areas.
Go to Siena
alta maremma estate
Home At First’s rustic cottage apartments at southern Tuscany’s Alta Maremma Estate command a hilltop perch with fine views across a classic Tuscan landscape. Guests enjoy the estate’s attractive pool and its panoramic view. Our rural Alta Maremma Estate apartments are only 5-minutes drive from a major highway, making them convenient bases for day-trips by car throughout the region, from the beach resorts of the Tyrrhenian Sea to several of Tuscany’s famed wine towns. The nearest grocery store and restaurants are a 5-minute drive away in the neighboring walled hill town pictured above.
eternal city apartments
Home At First’s Eternal City Apartments are located in the historic heart of Rome between the Spanish Steps and the Vatican, near the classical Pantheon and the elegant Piazza Navona (pictured above). Our apartments are within walking distance of St. Peter’s Square and many Roman monuments including the Colosseum and the Forum in a pedestrian-friendly district close to a wide variety of shops, cafés, restaurants, activities, and services. Use of taxis or public transport enables the exploration of all of Rome. Full-Package or Lodging & Ground Transport guests have the choice of round-trip, pre-reserved taxi transfers from Rome’s FCO International Airport or a transpass valid on streetcars, the Metro, buses, & on certain trains.
Go to Rome
amalfi, CINQUE TERRE, FLORENCE, sicily, & venice
special request LOCATIONs
Home At First offers lodgings in other parts of Italy by special request. Request a custom trip design proposal for:
• Amalfi (photo above): picturesque town on the rugged peninsula south of Naples. Day trips to Pompeii, Herculaneum, Sorrento, and Capri.
• Cinque Terre (photo above): five cliff-hanging seaside towns on Italy’s NW coast comprise a national park with stunning scenery.
• Florence (photo above): capital of Tuscany; center of the Renaissance with world-class museums, galleries, & architecture.
• Sicily: Italy’s largest island: classical Greek ruins, fabulous local cuisine, volcanic landscape, Mediterranean beaches.
• Venice: World Heritage city of canals, gondoliers, galleries, architecture, high culture, & rising water.