— tuscany: urban —
renaissance siena estate
— tuscany: rural —
alta maremma estate
— the glory that is rome —
eternal city apartments
The walled High Renaissance city of Siena viewed from Home At First’s Siena Estate.
Explore ITALY from Your
Home At First Apartment
Discover Italy Is at once Ancient & Modern
To discover Italy you discover the rise of the Western World: from early Greeks & Etruscans, to the Roman Empire, to the Renaissance, to ultramodern Italy.
Explore Home At First’s ITALY Travel Program in a Nutshell:
• RURAL TUSCANY
Priced with flights, lodgings, and ground transportation.
Combinable with other Italy locations & many Continental, Scandinavian & UK destinations.
• CINQUE TERRE
Custom-designed & priced. Combinable with other Italy locations and many Continental, Scandinavian & UK destinations.
Explore your destination at your own pace.
Rental car is necessary in rural Tuscany & Sicily, but not recommended for Florence, Rome, or Venice.
Weekly Rentals: Apartments, Villas, & Cottages
Inns or small hotels with breakfast apply to locations that accept short stays (less than one-week): Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, and Venice.
On-Site Costs: Fuel, Food, & Activities
Venice, Florence, & Rome can be pricey, but Italy can be done on a budget, too.
Excellent Value, thanks to Home At First’s low Full-Package prices.
with several Home At First Continental,
Scandinavian & UK destinations.
Expect English from your lodging host, at airports, in many restaurants & hotels, and from railway staff.
Non-Stop Flight Length from
8+ hrs from East Coast
12+ hrs from West Coast
Most flights from North America arrive in Rome (FCO) or Milan (MXP).
Kids love the activities and the food, but may not like a steady diet of museums, galleries, and historical sites.
Italian food and wine are reasons enough to travel to Italy, and keys to understanding Italian culture.
Italy is a mountainous land surrounded by dramatic coastline. Its climate varies from alpine to arid to volcanic to Mediterranean.
• Horse riding
• Visiting vintners
• Taking Italian cooking classes
Where we go to Discover Italy
WHAT COMES WITH HOME AT FIRST’S DISCOVER ITALY TRAVEL PROGRAM
HOME AT FIRST BUILDS INDIVIDUAL TRAVEL PACKAGES TO ITALY THAT INCLUDE:
• Quality Lodgings: Fixed Package Price lodgings are available in Siena, Rural Tuscany, and Rome. Custom-priced Special Request lodgings are available in Amalfi, Cinque Terre, Florence, Sicily, and Venice. All apartments come with English-speaking hosts on-site.
• Round-trip Flights: Our airline experts plan your round-trip flights to Italy (usually to Rome, but to Milan, Florence or Venice if one of these is a better choice for your needs) from your home airport. Our price chart includes round-trip fares based on flights from New York (JFK) or Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO). Flights from/to all other airports available for applicable fare supplements or reductions.
• Ground Transport: We recommend and arrange the appropriate ground transportation for your trip. Options include: car rental, city transport passes or airport transfers (Rome), and railway tickets/passes.
• Guidebook Keyed for Your Destination to help you discover Italy and make the most of your visit. Includes suggestions for touring, walking, restaurants, shopping, museums, galleries, much more.
SIENA estate APARTMENTS
Home At First’s classically-furnished Siena apartments are sequestered on a gated Tuscan estate just outside Renaissance Siena’s medieval city walls. The estate has a pool and furnished gardens with extensive views of Siena and the surrounding Tuscany countryside. The high Renaissance center of Siena is within walking distance of (or a short car ride from) the estate. The apartments are within 15-20 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from shops, stores, restaurants, and services. Siena is ideally situated as a day-trip base within convenient reach of Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Perugia, Assisi, & several world famous wine areas.
alta maremma estate
Home At First’s rustic cottage apartments at southern Tuscany’s Alta Maremma Estate command a hilltop perch with fine views across a classic Tuscan landscape. Guests enjoy the estate’s attractive pool and its panoramic view. Our rural Alta Maremma Estate apartments are only 5-minutes drive from a major highway, making them convenient bases for day-trips by car throughout the region, from the beach resorts of the Tyrrhenian Sea to several of Tuscany’s famed wine towns. The nearest grocery store and restaurants are a 5-minute drive away in the neighboring walled hill town pictured above.
eternal city apartments
Home At First’s Eternal City Apartments are located in the historic heart of Rome between the Spanish Steps and the Vatican, near the classical Pantheon and the elegant Piazza Navona (pictured above). Our apartments are within walking distance of St. Peter’s Square and many Roman monuments including the Colosseum and the Forum in a pedestrian-friendly district close to a wide variety of shops, cafés, restaurants, activities, and services. Use of taxis or public transport enables the exploration of all of Rome. Full-Package or Lodging & Ground Transport guests have the choice of round-trip, pre-reserved taxi transfers from Rome’s FCO International Airport or a transpass valid on streetcars, the Metro, buses, & on certain trains.
amalfi, CINQUE TERRE, FLORENCE, sicily, & venice
special request LOCATIONs
Home At First offers lodgings in other parts of Italy by special request. Request a custom trip design proposal for:
• Amalfi (photo above): picturesque town on the rugged peninsula south of Naples. Day trips to Pompeii, Herculaneum, Sorrento, and Capri.
• Cinque Terre (photo above): five cliff-hanging seaside towns on Italy’s NW coast comprise a national park with stunning scenery.
• Florence (photo above): capital of Tuscany; center of the Renaissance with world-class museums, galleries, & architecture.
• Sicily: Italy’s largest island: classical Greek ruins, fabulous local cuisine, volcanic landscape, Mediterranean beaches.
• Venice: World Heritage city of canals, gondoliers, galleries, architecture, high culture, & rising water.
REAL PEOPLE PROVIDING REAL HELP IN REAL TIME: Home At First continuously monitors the steps necessary to officially enter, efficiently move about, and properly return home from our international destinations. If conditions change during your travels, our support staff remains on-call to answer your questions and provide any assistance needed.
Italy readily combines with many other Home At First destinations.
Achieve more than one European travel goal for just one transatlantic airfare.
Request Free Proposal for a Custom-Made Combination Trip with Price Quote Here
HOW TO BUILD, PRICE, AND BOOK YOUR TRIP —
Contact HOME AT FIRST: (800) 523-5842 (toll-free USA & Canada) • +1 610 543 4348 (worldwide) • firstname.lastname@example.org