The Renaissance Glory of
Siena’s Italian Gothic Piazza del Campo — 14th century architectural treasure — still the city’s center.
Experience Siena, Italy
Jewel of the Italian Renaissance
Siena, Tuscany: walled, hilltop, traffic-free, central-Tuscan city of about 50,000, much as it was in the 14th century at the height of the Italian Renaissance. Although Siena’s origins go back 2,500 years or more, its World Heritage Status is earned by its largely unspoiled medieval, brick and stone, Gothic core. Carefully maintained since its construction six to eight centuries ago, Siena appears the physical embodiment of a Renaissance painting. Home At First‘s Siena lodgings are located inside a gated estate just outside the city’s medieval walls, away from the crowds of visitors that often swarm to Siena, yet close enough to be walkable or a very short drive to parking at a city gate.
SIENA — EXTRAORDINARY SURVIVOR OF THE ITALIAN RENAISSANCE
HOME AT FIRST’s
Siena — How it works:
• Contact Home At First. Tell us about your dream of travel to Siena, Italy. We will tell you about getting there, where we stay (you’ll love this place!), and how best to get around (via rental car, or by public transport).
— Tell us how many people will be with you, and their ages.
— Tell us when you would like to travel, and for how long.
— Tell us if you would like to combine a visit to Siena with a visit to another part of Italy or to any other Home At First destination in Continental Europe, Scandinavia, or the British Isles.
— Ask for a Free Trip Proposal with Cost Estimate.
• We prepare an itinerary & cost estimate with all the lodgings & transportation you need. We send it to you via email and/or postal mail.
• You review our proposal; accept it, reject it, or revise it until we have it just right for you. It is, after all, your dream trip, to be done the way you wish.
• Once accepted, we request an initial payment by check along with your signed acceptance.
• We begin putting your plans in place, securing your LODGINGS, FLIGHT RESERVATIONS & TICKETS, CAR RENTALS, and/or any TRAIN TICKETS OR TRANSPORTATION PASSES required. Most Home At First Siena guests come with rental cars; some travel by train.
• Payment in full is due 90 days prior to departure, or when you are ready to lock in your included airfares, whichever comes first.
• All travel documents for your trip — including a guidebook appropriate for your destination — will be sent to you by 30 days prior to your trip departure date.
• After you arrive in Italy, you follow our directions from your arrival point to your Siena lodging, where you will be met at a pre-set time by your lodging’s hostess, who will show you around, see to your comfort, and let you get some rest.
• Have a nap. Get some groceries for your kitchen. Make supper or go out for a meal. The fun begins now.
The Siena Estate
The Three Apartments: Our Siena, Italy, estate apartments are homey, clean, comfortable, quality lodgings which, while not opulent, are thoughtfully furnished with the understated elegance of authentic Tuscan style. Each is unique. All come with private with views of the estate, and two of the three (exception: the ground floor Duccio apartment) look out toward the walled city of Siena, Italy. The three apartments are of different sizes, capacities, and characters. Discover more about each apartment via the following three slide shows and written descriptions :
NOTE — FOR BEST VIEWING: each of the following apartment descriptions begins with a slide show.
You can move from slide to slide (forward or reverse) by clicking on the direction arrows below each slide.
To see any slide in large format on a PC, “right click” on the selected slide and click on the “Open image in new tab” (Chrome) or “View Background Image” (Firefox).